|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Yield: 24 servings (5 hushpuppies per serving)
- 8 oz. InHarvest Wild Rice
- 4½ c. cornmeal
- 1½ c. self-rising flour
- 1½ t. baking soda
- 2 T. baking powder
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 T. salt
- 3 c. buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1½ c. small-dice onion
1. Cook InHarvest Wild Rice according to package directions and chill immediately.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, garlic powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
4. Combine the wet and dry contents of both bowls and mix well. Fold in the chilled wild rice and onion and blend well.
5. Drop the batter, 1 tablespoon at a time, into 350°F oil (do not overcrowd) to cook hushpuppies in batches. (Dip the spoon in warm water between each drop of batter into oil.)
6. Fry the hushpuppies until golden brown, turning as needed during cooking. Remove each batch of hushpuppies to paper towels. Serve warm.
Per serving: 260 cal., 5 g pro., 34 g carb., 3 g fiber, 11 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 30 mg chol., 610 mg sod.