|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Yield: 64 burgers
- 8 c. water or vegetable stock
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 2 gal. water or vegetable stock
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Forest Blend™
- 8 lbs. mushrooms, quartered
- 8 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. garlic clove, chopped
- 8 T. olive oil
- 2 lbs. parmesan cheese
- 12 eggs
- 10 c. bread crumbs
- 1/3 c. kosher salt
- 8 t. black pepper, ground
- 24 scallions
- 2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 64 hamburger buns
- 16 c. baby arugula
- In a pot, bring the liquid for the InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™ to a boil. Add freekeh, reduce to a simmer and cook until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Cool the grains.
- In a pot, bring the liquid for the InHarvest Black Forest Blend™ to a boil. Add the lentil blend, reduce to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, 15-17 minutes. Cool the lentil blend.
- Working in batches, place the mushrooms, onions and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, but not too wet.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pan large enough to hold the mushroom mixture.
- Add mushroom mixture to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has lost most of it's moisture, about 30 minutes.
- Cool the mushrooms, then combine with the cooled grains, lentils, parmesan cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, chill for 2 hours.
- Form mixture into 5 oz. patties.
- Heat a non-stick griddle and cook the burgers until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
- While the burgers are cooking, char the scallions on the griddle until browned and softened.
- Chop the scallions and combine with the mayonnaise and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Serve burgers on buns with mayo and arugula.
Per serving: 432 cal., 22 g pro., 58 g carb., 8 g fiber, 14 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 54 mg chol., 1102 mg sod.,
8 g sugar