|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Tri-Color Quinoa
- 4½ lbs. cod (cut into 6 oz. portions)
- 1½ c. flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper, ground
- ¾ c. olive oil
- 2 T. yellow mustard seeds
- 2 c. mayonnaise
- 4 t. lemon juice
- 2 T. lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ c. chives, chopped
- ½ t. kosher salt
- ½ t. black pepper, ground
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add InHarvest Tri-color Quinoa to the pot and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 13 minutes.
- Cool the quinoa.
- Place flour, egg and quinoa in separate shallow bowls.
- Season the cod filets with salt and pepper.
- Coat both sides of each fillet with flour, shaking off any extra. Then coat the fillet in the egg. Let any extra egg drip off before moving the fillet to the quinoa plate. Press quinoa onto the fish to coat it on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Gently add the fish to the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side, making sure the quinoa turns golden and forms a crust before turning it.
- Drain the cooked filets on paper towels before serving with the aioli.
- For the aioli (this may be made in advance and refrigerated up to 2 days):
- Toast the mustard seeds in a pan over medium heat, taking care not to burn them. The seeds will darken slightly.
- In a bowl, mix together the mustard seeds, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, chives, salt and pepper.
Per serving: 566 cal., 37 g pro., 36 g carb., 2 g fiber, 31 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 154 mg chol., 633 mg sod.,
4 g sugar