|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Smoked Vegetable Chili with Greenwheat Freekeh™ - 2 lbs.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 24, 1½-cup servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 3 qts. vegetable stock
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 fresh green chiles, Anaheim or Fresno, diced
- 2 yellow squash, diced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 2 c. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1 t. toasted cumin seed, ground
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. dried thyme leaves
- 2 T. ancho chile powder
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 c. fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 c. fresh cilantro, minced
- To prepare the chili, bring vegetable stock and bay leaf to a boil in a large heavy pot. Add InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh, reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered for 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, blend together the cumin, oregano, thyme, chili powder, salt, pepper, and sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, toss together the onions, peppers, squash, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic with the canola oil and spice blend. In a smoker, smoke the vegetables for 30 minutes or until they just start to brown.
- Remove smoked vegetables and add to the Greenwheat Freekeh pot along with the diced tomatoes. Stir and cook for another 30 minutes on low.
- Stir in the cilantro just before serving.
Per serving: 210 cal., 7 g pro., 40 g carb., 9 g fiber, 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 560 mg. sod., 7g. sugar