|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Yield: Makes approximately 20 acorn squash
- 2 lb. InHarvest Red Quinoa, rinsed (InHarvest Black or InHarvest White Quinoa may be substituted)
- 2 c. dried cranberries
- 2 c. pepitos (pumpkin seeds), shelled and dried
- 20 approximately acorn squash
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 T. thyme, fresh
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1/2 c. parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 oz. butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare InHarvest Red Quinoa as directed. Set aside to cool in large bowl.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and parsley in butter until onion is transparent, approx. 3 minutes.
- Dry roast pumpkin seeds in a hot skillet, stirring continuously, until seeds "pop". Remove from pan and cool.
- Add sautéed onion mixture to quinoa. Add remaining ingredients. Mix gently but well.
- Slice off enough of the bottom of the squash to provide a stable base for cooking. Slice off the top of the squash and clean out the inside material (seeds, etc.) leaving the edible pulp. Fill the squash with stuffing and place top back on squash.
- Place stuffed squash in a roasting pan with 3/4 of an inch of water in the bottom. Roast at 375 degrees for approx. 1 hour or until the squash is fully cooked. Hold for service.