|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Yield: 22 – 3 ounce burgers
- 8 oz. InHarvest Red Quinoa
- 8 oz. InHarvest Farro
- 4 ½ c. vegetable stock, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 14 oz. firm tofu
- 3 T. chili powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 2 egg whites
- Panko bread crumbs, as needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- 22 Tomato slices
- Red onion, julienned, as needed
- Sprouts, as needed
- In a pot, bring 2 c. vegetable stock to a boil. Meanwhile, rinse the InHarvest Red Quinoa. Add to boiling stock and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pot, bring 2 c. stock to a boil and simmer InHarvest Farro, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Purée 1 c. cooked farro just enough to leave a little consistency.
- Purée the tofu, will yield 2 cups when whipped; add to the puréed farro.
- In a bowl, combine the puréed farro/tofu, the rest of the cooked farro, cooked red quinoa, the remaining vegetable stock, egg whites, garlic, cilantro, cumin and chili powder. Mix well. (If mixture is too wet, add just enough Panko bread crumbs to enhance binding.) Season with salt and pepper. Portion out burger mix into 3-oz. patties.
- Lightly coat each patty with Panko bread crumbs.
- Pan-sear each patty in olive oil for 3 minutes per side.
- To serve: On each bottom half of mini burger buns, English muffins or split dinner rolls, layer a slice of tomato, julienne of red onion and sprouts. Top with a seared quinoa/farro patty. Brush each top bun half with your condiment of choice - from ketchup to red pepper aioli to cilantro pesto! - and crown the sliders.