|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Greenwheat Freekeh™ Vegetarian Meatballs
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 24 meatballs
- 2 c. water
- Salt, as needed
- 8 oz. InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 2 T. olive oil
- ¼ c. chopped shallot
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1½ t. dried oregano
- 1 t. kosher salt
- ½ c. chopped Italian parsley
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. grated Parmesan
- 1½ c. panko breadcrumbs
- ½ c. vegetable stock
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Lay freekeh wheat out on a sheet pan. Chill immediately.
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Sauté shallot and garlic. Stir in oregano.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with chilled freekeh wheat. Mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Using a ¼-c. scoop, form 1½ oz. meatballs, compressing tightly.
- Bake until lightly browned.