|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Savory Nerone Italian Black Rice Pie
This savory pie stands out with Nerone Italian Black Rice, a whole-grain product offered exclusively in the U.S. by InHarvest's limited-supply Boutique. It is added to a savory pie boasting Cappacola ham, mushrooms, goat cheese and Parmesan.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 8 servings
- 2½ c. vegetable stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Nerone Italian Black Rice
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 oz. capicola, small dice
- 4 oz. asparagus, 1” pieces
- 5 oz. Cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- ¾ c. shredded Parmesan
- 6 eggs
- 1 8” convenience pie crust
- In a pot, bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Add InHarvest Nerone Italian Black Rice. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until the rice is tender but not mushy.
- Pour the rice out onto a sheet pan. Cover and chill.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the capicola, asparagus and mushrooms. Sauté until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, mix the chilled rice, goat cheese, Parmesan, eggs and capicola/asparagus/mushroom sauté until well blended.
- Transfer the mixture to the pie shell and bake at 350°F for approximately 35 minutes and lightly brown on top. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.