|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Nerone Black Rice Risotto - 2 lbs.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 32 servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Nerone Italian Black Rice
- 2 qts. chicken stock
- 4 T. unsalted butter
- 4 shallots, fine diced
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. dry white wine
- 2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 2 t. black pepper, ground
- In a pot, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the InHarvest Nerone Italian Black Rice, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes. Drain any remaining liquid, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add the butter and heat on high until melted. Add the diced shallots and continue to cook for a couple of minutes or until the shallots are translucent. Set the heat to medium and add the cooked Nerone. Once the rice begins to sizzle, slowly stir in the white wine and heavy cream. Continue to cook the Nerone while stirring constantly until all the liquid is absorbed. About 6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and fold in the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Serve hot.
Per serving: 190 cal., 6 g pro., 19 g carb., 3 g fiber, 9 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 25 mg chol., 125 mg sod., 1 g sugar