|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Lemon Herb Risotto - K-12 Foodservice
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 16 servings
A 1-cup serving provides .5 oz equivalent meat/meat alternate and 2 oz. equivalent grains
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 2 c. onion, medium dice
- 3 qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Medium Grain Brown Rice or Short-Grain Brown Rice
- 2 t. kosher salt
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 2 t. fresh thyme leaves, chopped (if using dried thyme, use half the amount)
- 9 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly carmelized.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Into each 2½-inch hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Medium Grain Brown Rice or Short-Grain Brown Rice, 2 t. salt, ½ c. lemon juice, 2 t. thyme (1 t. if using dried thyme) and 3 qts. hot stock mixture.
- Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Cover tightly with parchment paper and foil.
- Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until rice is tender (there may still be some liquid in the pan).
- Using a rubber spatula, fold 9 oz. cheese and ¼ c. parsley into each pan.
- Cover and hold hot for service.
Per serving: 299 cal., 12 g pro., 47 g carb., 2 g fiber, 7 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 14 mg chol., 510 mg sod.,
1 g sugar
*Risotto should be fairly loose. Adjust consistency by folding in more hot stock after the risotto has rested, if necessary.
* This recipe is intended to be made in multiple hotel pan batches. If the desired total is not a multiple of the hotel pan yield, a partial pan may be made with adjustments to the amounts listed in the procedure.