|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Lemon Herb Risotto - 2 lbs.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 t. vegetable oil
- 2 c. onion, medium dice
- 2½ qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Short Grain Brown Rice
- 1 T. kosher salt
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 2 T. lemon zest*
- 2 t. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 9 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly carmelized.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Into a 2½-inch hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Short Grain Brown Rice, 1 T. salt, ¼ c. olive oil and ¼ c. lemon juice, 2 T. lemon zest, 2 t. thyme and 2½ qts.hot stock.
- Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Cover tightly with parchment paper and foil.
- Cook in a 350° F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until rice is tender (do not remove excess stock).
- Using a rubber spatula, fold 9 oz. of cheese and ¼ c. parsley into each pan.
- Cover and hold hot for service.
Chef’s Note: If lemon zest is not available, substitute with half the amount of lemon extract.
Per serving: 343 cal., 14 g pro., 48 g carb., 2 g fiber, 11 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 14 mg chol., 645 mg sod., 1 g sugar