|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Corned Beef and Bamboo Rice Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Ground Mustard Sauce
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 24 rolls
- 2 lb. InHarvest Bamboo Rice
- 1 ½ q. chicken stock
- 24 cabbage leaves
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 2 c. onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 c. carrots, julienne cut
- 4 c. corned beef, diced
- 4 c. blanched cabbage, julienne cut
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ c. fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 4 T. prepared horseradish
- 4 T. stone ground mustard
- 1 T. cider vinegar
- Cook InHarvest Bamboo Rice in light chicken stock according to package directions set aside and cool.
- Remove core from cabbage and submerge in boiling water to remove leaves. Remove leaves one at a time when blanched sufficiently, set aside for later use. Use remaining blanched cabbage for the 4 cups of julliene cut the recipe calls for.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add carrots and corned beef and continue to sauté while stirring. Add Bamboo Rice and cabbage and mix well. Season with salt and pepper before assembling cabbage rolls.
- To assemble, carefully cut large vein out of cabbage leaf and place ¾ cup rice mixture on leaf. Form mixture with hand to make a tighter roll. Fold ends of cabbage in to contain mixture before folding top edge toward you. Roll bottom edge over until tight roll is formed.
- Place rolls in hotel pan with 1 cup of water in bottom, cover with foil. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove rolls and slice in half for serving. Serve with ground mustard horseradish sauce and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.