|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Colusari™ Red Rice with Roasted Root Vegetables
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 24 servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Colusari™ Red Rice
- 3 qts. chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 qts. mixed root vegetables, (we used sweet potato, carrot, rutabaga, turnips and parsnips), ½ inch dice
- 1 1/8 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saffron threads, pinch
- ¼ c. warm water
- 2 T. fresh garlic, chopped
- ½ c. shallots, chopped
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 6 c. chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- 1 c. wild rice flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 24 halibut fillets
- Bring 3 qts. of stock to a boil, stir in InHarvest Colusari Red Rice. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes. Drain excess liquid, reserve rice.
- Mix root vegetables with ½ c. olive oil, fresh thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Spread on sheet pan and roast in oven until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove root vegetables from pan and mix with rice, reserve.
- Steep saffron threads in ¼ c. warm water.
- Sauté garlic and shallots in 2 T. olive oil until lightly browned; deglaze pan with white wine. Stir in chicken stock, saffron water and salt to taste. Simmer reserve for service.
- Coat only the top of the halibut fillets with the wild rice flour and sear both sides of the fish in a sauté pan with remaining extra virgin olive oil, starting with the coated side. Sauté until fish is just opaque all the way through (time will vary due to fillet thickness).
- Plate halibut with ¾ c. Colusari Red Rice and ¼ c. saffron broth around the rice. Garnish with fresh thyme.