|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Colusari™ Red Rice, Cucumber, Ponzu & Mint Salad
This cool whole-grains salad brings beautiful color and flavor to the table. It stars Colusari™ Red Rice, a stunning burgundy rice exclusive to InHarvest and grown in the lush Sacramento Valley. For this easy-build summer salad, just cook and cool the rice, then add cucumber, fresh mint, thyme, lemon juice and ponzu sauce.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 5 cups
- 3 c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Colusari™ Red Rice or Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice
- 2 c. medium-dice seedless, peeled cucumber
- ¾ c. chiffonade of fresh mint
- 1 T. dried thyme
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- ½ c. ponzu sauce
- Bring water to a boil. Add InHarvest Colusari Red Rice or Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice . Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until desired texture. Lay rice out on a sheet pan and chill.
- In a bowl, add the chilled rice and remaining ingredients. Blend well to incorporate. Serve cold for optimal flavor.
Chef’s note: To make this recipe vegan, replace the ponzu and ¼ c. lemon juice with low-sodium soy sauce. Flavor to taste with lemon and lime juices.