Spiced Beluga Lentils with Yogurt and Grilled Shrimp - 2 lbs.
Yield: 16 servings
- ½ c. olive oil, plus more to drizzle on the plate
- 1 ½ T. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 ½ T. cumin seeds, crushed
- 3 T. mustard seeds, crushed
- 4 c. onion, finely diced
- ½ c. garlic, minced
- ¼ c. ginger-root; fresh; minced
- 1 c. tomato, grated
- 1 ½ T. kosher salt
- 2 lb InHarvest Black Beluga Lentils®
- 3 qt chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
- 1 ½ T. vinegar, red wine
- 48 shrimp, shelled and cleaned, marinated in olive oil, grated ginger and garlic and lemon zest
- 1 qt. yogurt, plain, whole milk
- 1 c. mint leaves, chiffonade
- Heat the oil in a saucepan large enough to cook the InHarvest Black Beluga Lentils®.
- Add the spices and cook, stirring, until they begin to sizzle.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until softened.
- Add the grated tomato and salt and cook until excess liquid is absorbed.
- Add lentils and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook partially covered until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers and grill over high heat.
- Place lentils in the bottom of a shallow bowl with a dollop of yogurt. Top with shrimp, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with mint.
Per serving: 385 cal., 27 g pro., 48 g carb., 19 g fiber, 10 g fat, 2 g sat. fat, 31 mg chol., 600 mg sod.