Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 12 servings
Each portion provides 2 grain/bread servings, 1 cup vegetable (½ cup dark green, ½ cup red/orange), 2 oz. eq. meat/alt.
• 1 c. Wheat Berries
• ¼ c. carrots
• 1 c. romaine lettuce
• .5 oz. cheese (about 1/8 c.)
• 1 oz. ham (about ¼ c., volume may vary depending on product used)
• 1 oz. chicken (about ¼ c., volume may vary depending on product used)
• ¼ c. tomatoes
Per serving: 573 cal., 29 g pro., 62 g carb., 13 g fiber, 24 g fat, 6 g sat. fat, 55 mg chol., 611 mg sod., 2 g sugar
* The Meat/Meat Alternate contribution for the chicken is calculated on an ounce to ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.
* The Meat/Meat Alternate contribution for the ham is based on an average of a 1.5-oz. serving crediting as 1 oz. Check the Food Buying Guide or your product’s formulation statement for crediting information.
Note: For each salad, you will need a 16-oz. clear cup with a flat no-slot lid and a domed no-hole lid, as well as a 2-oz. portion cup with lid.