Korean Beef Taco Salad with KAMUT® Blend
Yield: 8 servings
Marinated Short Ribs
- 1½ lbs. boneless beef short ribs, sliced
- 1 c. packed light-brown sugar
- 1 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ c. water
- ¼ c. rice-wine vinegar
- ½ c. minced onion
- ¼ c. minced fresh garlic
- 2 T. dark sesame oil
- ¼ t. ground black pepper
- 3 c. vegetable stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest KAMUT® Blend
Dressed Napa Cabbage
- ¼ c. low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ c. rice wine
- 2 t. dark sesame oil
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 bunches scallion, sliced
- 1 head napa cabbage, chopped
- 6 c. corn tortilla strips
- Toasted sesame seeds, as needed
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- Spread the brown sugar over the short ribs, coating the beef evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining marinade ingredients.
- In an airtight container or resealable plastic bag, place the short ribs in the marinade and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
- In a stockpot, bring the vegetable stock to a boil and add InHarvest KAMUT® Blend. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- While the KAMUT® Blend is cooking, remove the short rib from the marinade and set aside. Simmer the marinade until reduced to about 1 cup. Reserve warm.
- In a bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Just prior to service, mix in the cilantro, scallion and cabbage well to coat.
- Prior to service, grill the short-rib slices to medium-rare.
- Per order: Place ½ c. KAMUT® Blend in the center of a plate. Surround with ¾ c. tortilla strips. Top with 3 oz. short rib and 1 c. dressed cabbage. Plate 1 oz. reduced marinade as additional “dressing.” Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and Sriracha sauce to taste.