Smoked Salmon and Wild Rice Lavosh Rolls
Yield: 6 rolls, about 50 or 60 pieces
- lavosh, 6 sheets
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. cream cheese
- ½ c. fresh chives, sliced small
- ¼ c. fresh dill, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- 4 c. InHarvest Grade A Wild Rice, cooked
- 4 c. smoked salmon pieces
- ¾ c. red onion, diced small
- ¾ c. capers
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, chives, dill and lemon juice until blended well. Season with salt if desired.
- Spread 1/3 cup of mixture over each sheet of lavosh until evenly distributed. Spread 2/3 cup InHarvest Grade A Wild Rice over each sheet of lavosh leaving at least one inch uncovered on one end. Use 2/3 cup salmon to form a row opposite the end that is void of any wild rice. Spread 1/8 cup red onion and 1/8 cup capers over the salmon.
- Roll the lavosh tightly starting with the end that has the salmon, finishing with the end that has the cream cheese mixture showing. The cream cheese will hold the lavosh together in a tight roll. Use plastic wrap to keep lavosh rolls fresh until service.
- Slice lavosh in 1 inch think rolls and serve with fresh lemon if desired.