Curried Lamb and Amaranth Soup with Crimson Lentils
- 1 lb. lamb stew meat
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1½ lbs. InHarvest Petite Crimson Lentils
- 1½ c. amaranth
- 1½ c. diced onion
- 1½ c. diced carrots
- 2 T. chopped garlic
- ½ c. dry sherry
- 3 qts. chicken stock
- 4 t. curry powder
- 6 c. fresh spinach leaves (without stems)
- 12 oz. plain yogurt
- Heat olive oil in large pot. Add lamb and sauté until lightly browned.
- Stir in onions, carrots and garlic and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in amaranth, InHarvest Petite Crimson Lentils and curry powder and mix well.
- Deglaze pot with dry sherry. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until lentils begin to dissolve and thicken soup. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
- Stir in spinach leaves 5 minutes before serving. Garnish soup with a tablespoon of yogurt.