Rio Medley™ Caribbean Cucumber Salad
Yield: 10 1-cup servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Rio Medley™
- 2 c. water
- 3 c. fresh pineapple, cleaned and medium dice
- 1 banana, slice into half-moons
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- Pan spray, as needed
- 1 English cumber, skin-on, slice into cubes
- ½ t. kosher salt
- 2 T. Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 T. honey
- ½ T. jalapeno, minced
- ½ c. cilantro, rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook InHarvest Rio Medley according to package directions. Let it sit covered for 15 minutes to soften the bran layer of the grains. Cool rice and chill it to 40°F.
- Line a sheet tray with foil or parchment paper and spray with pan spray.
- Toss pineapple and bananas with lime and olive oil, place on the tray and roast in oven until pineapple starts to caramelize (approximately 20 minutes). Let chill to 40°F.
- When all chilled, fold all ingredients together using a rubber spatula.
- Serve well-chilled.