|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Yield: 16 burgers
- 2 c. water or vegetable stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 2 qts. water or vegetable stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Forest Blend™
- 2 lbs. mushrooms, quartered
- 2 c. onion, chopped
- ¼ c. garlic clove, chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- 8 oz. parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2½ c. bread crumbs
- 4 t. kosher salt
- 2 t. black pepper, ground
- 6 scallions
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ¼ c. sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 16 hamburger buns
- 4 c. baby arugula
1. In a pot, bring the liquid for the InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™ to a boil. Add freekeh, reduce to a simmer and cook until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Cool the grains.
2. In a pot, bring the liquid for the InHarvest Black Forest Blend™ to a boil. Add the lentil blend, reduce to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, 15-17 minutes. Cool the lentil blend.
3. Working in batches, place the mushrooms, onions and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, but not too wet.
4. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pan large enough to hold the mushroom mixture.
5. Add mushroom mixture to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has lost most of it's moisture, about 30 minutes.
6. Cool the mushrooms, then combine with the cooled grains, lentils, parmesan cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
7. Mix well, chill for 2 hours.
8. Form mixture into 5 oz. patties.
9. Heat a non-stick griddle and cook the burgers until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
10. While the burgers are cooking, char the scallions on the griddle until browned and softened.
11. Chop the scallions and combine with the mayonnaise and sun-dried tomatoes.
12. Serve burgers on buns with mayo and arugula.
Per serving: 432 cal., 22 g pro., 58 g carb., 8 g fiber, 14 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 54 mg chol., 1102 mg sod.,
8 g sugar