|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Sunrise Oat Breakfast Bar - K-12 Foodservice
This recipe was developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: ½ sheet pan (25 5x5 squares)
1 bar provides 1 grain/bread serving
- 4 c. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®
- ½ c. flour
- 1¼ T. baking powder
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1½ t. kosher salt
- 3 c. orange juice
- 3 c. milk, whole
- ¼ c. canola oil
- 1 c. honey
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c. cranberries, dried
- 2 c. rolled oats
- In a large bowl, combine InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice, milk, oil, honey and eggs until smooth.
- Combine the egg mixture with the dry mixture. Blend thoroughly and let stand for 1 hour to allow the grains to soften.*
- Stir in the cranberries and rolled oats.
- Pour the mixture into half sheet pans lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350°F convection oven until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and set on a rack to cool completely. Cut into 25 squares (5x5).
* Optional: Use an immersion blender on high speed to break up the grains and thicken the mixture. This step will yield a less-granular consistency.
Per serving: 387 cal., 10 g pro., 78 g carb., 6 g fiber, 6 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 37 mg chol., 219 mg sod.