|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
KAMUT® Blend Southwest Breakfast Wrap
Start the day right with a South-of-the-Border breakfast wrap featuring our KAMUT® Blend (KAMUT® Brand Khorasan wheat, Colusari™ red rice and epicurean wild rice). Three nutrition-packed whole grains mixed into fluffy eggs and spicy chorizo for a high-fiber, high-protein palate-pleaser that’s also a good source of iron.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 6 servings
- 2¾ c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest KAMUT® Blend
- 12 eggs
- 1½ c. milk
- 12 Muenster cheese slices
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1½ c. small-dice smoked chorizo
- 6 12-in. flour tortilla wraps
- Pico de gallo, as needed
- Fresh avocado slices, as needed
- Tomatillo salsa, as needed
- Bring water to a boil. Add InHarvest KAMUT® Blend and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs with the milk and set aside.
- To a frying pan over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add diced chorizo to caramelize (1 to 1½ minutes).
- Add beaten egg to the chorizo and cook the eggs until fluffy. Remove from heat.
- Add hot KAMUT® Blend to the eggs and chorizo in the pan and mix well.
- Place wraps on work station and evenly distribute egg mixture atop each. Place 2 slices Muenster atop eggs for each wrap and fold tortillas to close. (The egg mixture should be hot enough to allow the cheese to melt.)
- Serve with pico de gallo, fresh avocado slices and tomatillo salsa.
Note: Serves 12 using 6-in. tortillas; use 1 slice Muenster per wrap. To substitute Muenster with cheddar cheese, fold in 10 oz. shredded cheddar to beaten eggs.
KAMUT® is a registered trademark of Kamut International and is used under license.