|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Golden Jewel Blend® Pesto Gratin with Goat Cheese
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 9 ½-cup servings (4½ cups)
- 8 oz. InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend®
- ½ T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. cremini (baby portobello mushrooms), sliced
- ½ c. ½”-cut asparagus
- 2 T. minced shallot
- ¾ c. diced Roma tomato
- 1/8 c. prepared pesto
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. chèvre, at room temperature
- Cook InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend according to package directions. Lay the cooked grain out in a thin layer on a sheet pan. Reserve chilled in the walk-in or cooler. (Prior to service, remove the sheet pan from the cooler and bring grain to room temperature.)
- In a pan, heat the olive oil. Sauté the cremini for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and shallot. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring. Add the tomato and heat for 1 minute while stirring. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the pesto.
- In a large bowl, combine the cremini mixture and cream with the Golden Jewel Blend. Mix well. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Place pieces of the chèvre evenly over the top, covering as much of the surface as possible.
- Place the casserole under a broiler until the cheese is lightly browned. Serve.