|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Chili Lime Shrimp with Aztec Blend™, Pineapple Salsa and Charred Avocado - 2 lbs.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 24 servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Aztec Blend™
- 10 c. vegetable stock
For the Marinade:
- 8 T. lime juice
- 8 t. lime zest
- 8 T. garlic, minced
- 1 c. soy sauce
- 1 c. olive oil
- 16 t. dried red chilies, ground
- 1 c. cilantro, chopped
- 8 T. honey
- 7 lbs. shrimp, peeled, deveined
For the Salsa:
- 6 c. pineapple, diced
- 4 c. tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 c. basil, chiffonade
- 8 T. red onion, diced
- 12 T. jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 4 T. lime juice
- 3 t. kosher salt
- 4 Hass avocados
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil and add the InHarvest Aztec Blend.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 35 minutes. Hold hot.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime zest, lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, ground red chilies, cilantro and honey.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and fold the ingredients together to completely coat the shrimp.
- Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, tomato, basil, onion, jalapeno, lime juice and salt. Mix well.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut each half lengthwise into 3 pieces.
- Place avocado on a sheet pan, flesh side up and broil until lightly charred. Remove and let cool
- Remove shrimp from the marinade and place the marinade in a small pot with 2 T. water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp onto bamboo skewers.
- Broil the shrimp skewers for 2 minutes per side (depending on size of shrimp, look for an opaque center).
- Mound Aztec Blend onto plates and drizzle with the marinade. Top with shrimp and pineapple salsa. Garnish with charred avocado.
Per serving: 503 cal., 35 g pro., 48 g carb., 5 g fiber, 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 201 mg chol., 821 mg sod.,
11 g sugar