|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Caviar Medley™ Salad with Avocado, Blood Orange and Pine Nuts
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: about 30 ½ cup servings
- 2 lb. InHarvest Caviar Medley™
- 1 ½ c. toasted pine nuts
- 1 c. green onion, sliced
- 3 c. blood orange segments, about 12 medium size oranges
- 6 to 8 avocados, sliced, to garnish plates with
- 6 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 c. blood orange juice
- 1/3 c. sugar, or to taste
- ½ c. red wine vinegar
- ½ c. olive oil
- ½ c. fresh mint
- Salt to taste
- Cook Caviar Medley according to package directions and cool immediately.
- Toast pine nuts and set aside for later inclusion.
- Cut peel off blood oranges to expose segments. Remove segments by slicing along membrane on each side of the segment that help form its wedged shape. Squeeze remaining pulp for the blood orange juice asked for in the recipe and reserve.
- Combine Dijon, blood orange juice, sugar, red wine vinegar and fresh mint in a bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil until blended well.
- Combine all ingredients (except avocado) and mix well. Salt to taste. Garnish each ½ cup serving with 2 to 3 slices of avocado for service.