|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Black Pearl Medley® Tikka Masala Bowl (8 oz.)
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 c. water or stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- ¼ T. ground tumeric
- ½ T. ground ginger
- ½ T. kosher salt
- 1 c. plain, lowfat yogurt
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 3 T. curry powder
- 1¼ lbs. paneer cheese, unsalted, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 1½ lbs. sliced carrots
- 1 lb. red bell pepper, ¼-inch slices
- 2 c. chick peas
- Bring liquid to a boil.
- Place InHarvest Black Pearl Medley into an oven-proof dish. Add turmeric, ginger, half of the salt and the hot liquid to the pan, stirring to distribute the spices.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Hold, covered, in a warmer or steam table.
- Combine yogurt, tomato sauce, curry powder and remaining salt. Blend well. Sauce may be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
- Place cheese and sauce in a hotel pan. Cover and heat in a 350°F oven to 165°F, about 20 minutes. Hold hot for service.
- Toss the carrots, bell peppers and chick peas with oil, lay out on a sheet pan and roast in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Place in a steam table pan and hold hot for service.
- To assemble, place a cup of rice into a serving bowl. Top with 1 c. vegetable mixture. Top vegetables with a cup of paneer cheese/sauce mixture.
Per serving: 553 cal., 27 g pro., 47 g carb., 11 g fiber, 29 g fat (8 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 579 mg sod.,
12 g sugar