|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
BBQ Chicken & Ruby Wild Blend™ Shaker Salad - K-12 Foodservice
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 16 servings
Each portion provides 2 grain/bread servings, 1 cup vegetable (½ cup dark green, ¼ cup red/orange, ¼ cup starchy), 2 oz. eq. meat/alt.
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend™
- 1-1/3 c. barbecue sauce, reduced sodium
- 1-1/3 c. yogurt, plain, nonfat
- 1-1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 4 c. corn kernels, thawed if using frozen
- 16 c. romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 lbs. chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 4 c. red bell pepper cut into ½” cubes
- Cook InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend according to package directions.
- Cool completely on a sheet pan.
- Combine the barbecue sauce, yogurt and mayonnaise. Blend well.
- Fill 2-oz. dressing cups with ¼ c. of dressing and cover each with a lid.
- Layer ingredients into 16-oz. cups as follows:
• 1 c. Ruby Wild Blend
• ¼ c. corn
• 1 c. romaine lettuce
• 2 oz. chicken (about ½ c., volume may vary depending on product used)
• ¼ c. red bell pepper
- Cover the cup with the flat lid. Place the dressing cup on top of the flat lid. Place the domed lid on top of the salad cup and press to seal.
- To make the salad, remove lids from the cup. Pour contents of the dressing container into the cup. Replace the domed lid only and shake the salad until ingredients are mixed
Per serving: 521 cal., 25 g pro., 65 g carb., 5 g fiber, 20 g fat, 3 g sat. fat, 64 mg chol., 281 mg sod.
* The Meat/Meat Alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce to ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.
Note: For each salad, you will need a 16-oz. clear cup with a flat no-slot lid and a domed no-hole lid, as well as a 2-oz. portion cup with lid.