|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Aztec Burgers - 2 lbs.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 48 4-oz. patties
- 2½ qts. water
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Aztec Blend™
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 small yellow onions, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 carrots, minced
- 2 c. celery, minced
- 2 c. garbanzo-bean flour
- 4 c. gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 T. minced fresh thyme
- 3 T. minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 t. ground roasted cumin
- ½ c. liquid soy-free egg replacer
- 1 T. ground smoked paprika
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 2 t. ground black pepper
- 4 c. rice flour
- ½ c. oil, for pan-frying
- In a large pot with the water, stir in InHarvest Aztec Blend. Add the bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 40 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the bay leaves. Transfer the grains to a large bowl; let cool to room temperature.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery and cook for 4 minutes. Stir the vegetables into the cooked grains.
- To the grain/vegetable mixture, stir in the garbanzo-bean flour, panko, thyme, parsley, cumin, egg replacer, paprika, salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until blended. (Do not over-blend.)
- Transfer the mixture back to the bowl and work the product until it holds together well. Store chilled, covered, for at least 1 hour and up to 4 days.
- To prepare the burgers, shape the mixture into 4-oz. patties. Lightly dust both sides of each patty with the rice flour.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat some of the oil. Pan-fry the patties in batches until all are browned, about 4 minutes per side.
Per serving: 160 cal., 4 g pro., 27 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 150 mg sod., 1 g sugar