|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Yield: 7¾ cups
- 8 oz. InHarvest Petite Crimson Lentils
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Beluga Lentils®
- 8 oz. InHarvest French Green Lentils
- 7 c. chicken stock, divided
- 6 oz. bacon, chopped
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 c. small-dice sweet onion
- ½ c. white wine
- 1 c. small-dice celery
- 1 c. medium-dice roasted red bell pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Rinse and sort through the lentils, removing any unwanted material.
2. Place 2 c. chicken stock into each of 2 saucepots. Place 3 c. chicken stock into a third saucepot. Bring all 3 saucepots to a boil.
3. Slowly add InHarvest Petite Crimson Lentils to the saucepot containing 3 c. chicken stock.
4. Slowly add InHarvest Black Beluga Lentils® to one of the saucepots containing 2 c. chicken stock.
5. Slowly add InHarvest French Green Lentils to the remaining saucepot containing 2 c. chicken stock.
6. Stir each saucepot well, cover each, and reduce each heat to simmer.
7. Cook the crimson lentils until al dente, approximately 5 minutes. Reserve.
8. Cook the black Beluga lentils and French green lentils until al dente, approximately 15 minutes. Reserve.
9. In a large sauté pan or cast-iron skillet, render the bacon over medium-low heat until crispy, 5 to 6 minutes.
10. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 1 minute.
11. Add the onion to the pan and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
12. Deglaze the pan with the white wine over medium heat and reduce the liquid by ½.
13. Add the celery to the pan and let simmer for 3 minutes.
14. Add the French green lentils and black Beluga lentils to the pan and mix well.
15. Mix in the crimson lentils 1 c. at a time until the pilaf reaches the desired color (about 2 c.).
16. Stir in the red bell pepper while bringing the pilaf to 140°F.
17. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Chef’s note: This dish can be made a day ahead, but store lentils separately from the vegetable mixture until ready to reheat and assemble.