|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Spiced Beluga Lentils with Yogurt and Grilled Shrimp - 8 oz.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 T. olive oil, plus more to drizzle on the plate
- 1 t. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 t. cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 t. mustard seeds, crushed
- 1 c. onion, finely diced
- 2 T. garlic, minced
- 1 T. ginger-root; fresh; minced
- ¼ c. tomato, grated
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Beluga Lentils®
- 3 c. chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
- 1 t. vinegar, red wine
- 12 shrimp, shelled and cleaned, marinated in olive oil, grated ginger and garlic and lemon zest
- 1 c. yogurt, plain, whole milk
- ¼ c. mint leaves, chiffonade
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan large enough to cook the InHarvest Black Beluga Lentils®.
2. Add the spices and cook, stirring, until they begin to sizzle.
3. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until softened.
4. Add the grated tomato and salt and cook until excess liquid is absorbed.
5. Add lentils and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook partially covered until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Stir in vinegar.
7. Thread the shrimp onto skewers and grill over high heat.
8. Place lentils in the bottom of a shallow bowl with a dollop of yogurt. Top with shrimp, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with mint.
Per serving: 385 cal., 27 g pro., 48 g carb., 19 g fiber, 10 g fat, 2 g sat. fat, 31 mg chol., 600 mg sod.