|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Bibimbap—which literally means ‘mixed rice’ in Korean—was listed at No. 40 on the world’s 50 most delicious foods compiled by CNN Travel. It’s easy to see why in this version, which features InHarvest’s proprietary blend of 100% intact-grain brown rice, black barley and daikon radish seeds.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 9 T. water
- 1 T. sugar
- ½ t. turmeric
- 1½ T. rice vinegar
- ¾ t. kosher salt, divided
- ½ c. 1” matchsticks peeled daikon radish
- ½ c. 1” matchsticks peeled carrot
- 5 T. 1” bias-cut scallion or spring onion
- 2 c. shredded green cabbage
- 1½ c. roughly chopped kimchee with juice
- ½ c. chopped cilantro
- 3¾ T. mayonnaise
- ¼ t. ground black pepper
- 3 t. sesame seeds
- 3 t. finely minced garlic
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 2 T. rice syrup
- 3 T. gochujang sauce
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 t. Korean chile flakes
- Cook InHarvest Black Pearl Medley according to package instructions. Reserve warm.
- In a bowl, combine the water, sugar, turmeric, rice vinegar and ¼ t. salt. Stir well. Add the radish, carrot and scallion to the liquid. Place the bowl in the walk-in or cooler to let the vegetables marinate for at least 1 hour before use.
- To make the slaw, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, kimchee with juice, cilantro, mayonnaise, remaining salt and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a small pot, combine the sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, syrup and gochujang sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil the eggs until the yolks are set, but not cooked through (about 7 minutes). Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Per order: In the bottom of a soup or other bowl, place 1 c. of cooked Black Pearl Medley. Top with ½ c. slaw, 2 egg halves, ¼ c. pickled vegetables and ⅛ c. sauce. Garnish with a sprinkling of chile flakes.
Per serving: 507 cal., 16 g pro., 73 g carb., 10 g fiber, 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 215 mg chol., 966 mg sod., 19 g sugar