|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Yield: 256 2-oz. or 128 4-oz. servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Wild Rice
- 4 qts. water
- 8 qts. carrot juice
- 4 c. fresh ginger, ¼-inch sliced
- 13½ T. unflavored gelatin
- 8 qts. yogurt, plain, whole milk
- 8 qts. whole milk, divided
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 ½ T. kosher salt
- 2 qts. heavy cream
- ½ c. cardamom
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add InHarvest Wild Rice and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place carrot juice and ginger into a small pot and reduce carrot juice by 3/4. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir gelatin into carrot juice and set aside until the gelatin softens, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt and half the milk, making sure there are no lumps.
- In a small saucepan, bring remaining milk, sugar and salt to a simmer.
- Stir the gelatin/carrot juice mixture into the hot milk and remove from heat. Whisk this mixture into the yogurt mixture and stir in the cooked wild rice.
- Pour mixure into small clear cups or glasses (if unmolding the panna cotta, lightly coat the inside of the cups with canola oil).
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Whip the cream with the cardamom, adding a pinch of salt and sugar. Top panna cotta with whipped cream and drizzle with syrup of choice, if desired.
Chef’s tip: Suggestions for syrup are tamarind chile, pomegranate or curried honey.
Per serving: 438 cal., 13 g pro., 77 g carb., 6 g fiber, 6 g fat, 3 g sat. fat, 17 mg chol., 117 mg sod.