|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Tuxedo Barley™ Seafood Cioppino
This show-stopping recipe is the perfect showcase for Tuxedo Barley. Waxy hull-less white barley and glossy black barley both retain their distinct colors, and hold well in this hearty, sophisticated seafood stew.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 8 qts.
- 6 c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Tuxedo Barley™
- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 c. julienned fennel
- 2 shallots, julienned
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. Chardonnay
- 5 c. seafood, clam or shrimp stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 t. dried thyme
- ¾ t. chile flakes
- 2 cans (28 oz. each) diced tomato
- 1 lb. littleneck clams, rinsed
- 1 lb. mussels, bearded, cleaned
- 1 lb. 16/20 shrimp, deveined, tail on
- ½ lb. white fish (such as halibut), cut in 1” cubes
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in InHarvest Tuxedo Barley. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 50 minutes or until desired texture. Remove from heat and drain excess liquid. (Note: Cooking in excess water helps remove excess starch.) Reserve.
- In a 10-qt. stockpot, add olive oil and sauté the fennel and shallot for about 3 minutes. Add garlic. Deglaze the pan with wine and reduce by half.
- Add the stock, bay leaves, thyme and chile flakes. Bring to a simmer and add diced tomato and clams. After 4 minutes, add the mussels.
- When the mussels open, add the shrimp, fish and Tuxedo Barley. Simmer until the shrimp are pink and the fish is cooked, 8 to 10 minutes. Discard the bay leaves. Serve hot.