|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Tri-Colored Orzo BBLT (Bacon, Bleu, Lettuce & Tomato)
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: about 5 (1 cup) servings
- Water, as needed
- 8 oz. InHarvest Tri-Colored Orzo
- 2 oz. bacon, diced
- 1 T. olive oil
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 3 oz. baby spinach
- 1 c. halved heirloom grape tomatoes
- 1½ oz. crumbled blue cheese
- Boil InHarvest Tri-Colored Orzo in excess water for 10 minutes. Drain and reserved chilled in the walk-in or cooler.
- In a sauté pan, cook the bacon until barely crispy and most of the fat is rendered.
- In a separate, large sauté pan, heat the oil. Add the cooked orzo, bacon and mayonnaise. Stir until ingredients are heated through.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes to the pan. Heat while mixing lightly for 1 minute.
- Remove the pilaf from the pan to a serving platter or bowl, or, portion out in individual servings. Garnish with blue cheese and serve.