|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Sneaky Cheesy Quinoa
Chris Bybee, corporate chef, Western region, and father of one, developed this kid-tested, parent-approved recipe. "The sneaky part here is really the roasted cauliflower purée," he says. "By roasting it, you're picking up great flavor, and the texture just adds to the dish overall." As its whole-grain base, Chef Bybee uses mild-mannered quinoa, a kid-friendly supergrain that holds great resonance with parents.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 7 servings
- 1½ c. cauliflower florets
- 2 c. lightly salted water
- 8 oz. InHarvest White Quinoa
- 1 T. butter
- ¾ c. shredded cheddar
- ¼ c. shredded or grated Parmesan
- 1 c. 2% milk
- Steamed broccoli florets, as needed
- Place the cauliflower florets on a sheet pan and bake at 350°F for 22 minutes or until the florets just start to brown and are fork tender. Remove from the oven; let cool enough to handle.
- Purée the cauliflower in a food processor until smooth. Reserve.
- In a small pot with a lid, bring the water to a boil and add InHarvest White Quinoa. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 14 minutes or until about half the quinoa has bloomed. Remove from heat and reserve.
- To make the cheese sauce, in a pot over medium heat, combine the butter, cheeses, milk and cauliflower purée. Stir until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the quinoa and stir well. Crown with steamed broccoli.