|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Seasoned Tri-Color Quinoa Loaf
Serve the diners well who seek vegetarian options. They want more than just a meatless menu item—they demand a good flavor experience. This Seasoned Tri-Color Quinoa Loaf delivers that. It combines Tri-Color Quinoa, tofu, Parmesan and spices with red pepper, onion and garlic. Gluten-free breadcrumbs give the dish texture and body without altering its gluten-free positioning.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 2 loaves
- 8 oz. InHarvest Tri-Color Quinoa
- 2 c. water or vegetable stock
- 1 T. minced garlic
- ¾ c. small-dice sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 28 oz. firm tofu, drained
- 4 oz. Parmesan, shredded
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 egg whites
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs, as needed
- Rinse InHarvest Tri-Color Quinoa under water until the water runs clear.
- Bring 2 c. water or stock to a boil. Stir in the Tri-Color Quinoa and simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes until cooked.
- Lay the quinoa out on a sheet pan. Reserve chilled until needed.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Cook the garlic and onion until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the bell pepper and remove the pan from heat. Reserve the vegetable mixture until needed.
- In a food processor, purée the tofu until creamy. (Add a little water if needed to aid creaminess.)
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the tofu. Add the quinoa and vegetable mixture and combine well. Season to taste with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the egg whites to the mixture and combine well. (If mixture is too loose, add the breadcrumbs as needed.)
- Divide the quinoa mixture evenly between 2 loaf pans, each 9”x5”x2½”. Bake at 400ºF in a conventional oven until the loaves are golden brown on top and cooked to an internal temp of 140ºF, 25 to 30 minutes.
Chef’s note: This concept can accept any flavor direction by swapping Italian seasoning for Asian, Latin, Cajun, Middle Eastern and more.