|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Roasted Golden Beet & Greenwheat Freekeh™ Salad
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 7½ cups
- 2 c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 3 c. chilled roasted medium-dice golden beet
- ¼ c. small-dice red onion
- 1 c. medium-dice yellow bell pepper
- 1 c. medium-dice red bell pepper
- 3 T. chiffonade of fresh mint
- 1¼ c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Lay freekeh out on a sheet pan. Chill immediately.
- In a large mixing bowl combine beet with all remaining ingredients except the feta. Toss gently to combine and incorporate flavors.
- Adjust seasoning and incorporate ¾ c. of the feta cheese.
- Fold in the chilled freekeh. Sprinkle remaining feta over top.