|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Mushroom & Asparagus Farrotto with Asiago - 2 lbs.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: about 16 cups
- 2 qts. chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Farro
- 6 T. butter
- 1 c. diced onion
- 3 c. sliced washed mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 c. ½” slices trimmed asparagus
- 4 c. bite-size pieces cooked and pulled rotisserie chicken
- 2 c. white wine
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 t. salt
- 2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 t. ground nutmeg
- 2 c. shredded Asiago cheese
- On the stovetop, bring the stock to a boil with the bay leaf. Discard the bay leaf.
- Cook InHarvest Farro in the stock according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter and add the onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until the onion just starts to brown.
- Add the cooked farro, garlic, asparagus, chicken and wine. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and stir in the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let cook another 4 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in the Asiago before serving.