|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Lime-Basil Coleslaw with Tri-Color Quinoa
Perfect as a warm-weather side dish or sandwich topper, this coleslaw recipe features the bright, clean notes of lime and the perfumed, summery notes of basil. But what really makes it stand out is the addition of our limited-supply Tri-Color Quinoa.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 10 cups
- 2 c. water plus as needed for rinsing
- 8 oz. InHarvest Tri-Color Quinoa
- 2 c. mayonnaise
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ c. packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ c. packed fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ c. lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 qts. shredded cabbage
- Rinse InHarvest Tri-Color Quinoa until water runs clear.
- Bring 2 c. water to a boil. Stir in quinoa and simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes. Reserve chilled until service.
- Place mayonnaise, sugar, garlic, basil, cilantro and lime juice in a food processor; process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the cabbage in a large bowl and pour the dressing over the cabbage. Add the chilled quinoa and mix until well incorporated. Serve cold.
Chef’s note: This coleslaw can be served fresh to order or refrigerated for up 2 days; yield will decrease slightly as cabbage wilts under refrigeration.