|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Latin Chipotle Quinoa Salad - 8 oz.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: About 10, half-cup servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Red Quinoa
- 1½ T. chipotle in adobo sauce (use sauce only, add chipotle for more heat)
- 2 c. water
- 3 T. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 bunch scallions, diced, green parts only
- ½ c. cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 c. roasted corn
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, diced, firm avocados work best
- 1 lime, juice to coat avocado
- Bring water to a boil, stir in InHarvest Red Quinoa. Reduce to a simmer and cover for about 15 minutes, or until liquid is gone. Cool quinoa quickly.
- Slowly whisk olive oil into lime juice and adobo sauce until blended. Adjust flavor with sugar (and salt if desired).
- Add chipotle lime dressing to red quinoa and mix well.
- Dice avocado and coat with lime juice to prevent browning.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill before service.
*Serve in a wrap, or as stuffed bell peppers or tomatoes. Add grilled chicken or shrimp if desired.