|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Lamb, Greenwheat Freekeh™ & Coconut-Curry Pizza
This recipe showcases Greenwheat Freekeh™ on a naan pizza, pairing its bold flavor with ground lamb and a Thai curry-coconut sauce.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 7 pizzas
- 1¾ c. chicken stock or water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 1 T. olive oil
- ½ c. small-dice sweet onion
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 28 oz. unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 oz. Thai green chili curry paste
- ¼ c. roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ oz. chiffonade of fresh basil, divided
- ½ c. thinly sliced scallion (green and white parts)
- 7 naan (oblong, 9” to 10”)
- Crumbled paneer cheese, as needed
- In a small pot, bring the water to a boil and add InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 20 minutes or until desired texture.
- Remove the freekeh from the pot and lay it out in a thin layer on a sheet pan to cool at room temperature.
- In a sauté pan, add the olive oil. Sauté the onion until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Adjust the heat to medium. Add the lamb and brown off, 5 to 7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drain the fat from the pan as desired. Remove the lamb from heat and combine with the freekeh. Lay the mixture out onto a sheet pan and place in the walk-in until chilled.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the coconut milk with the curry paste and bring to a simmer. Cook the sauce over moderately high heat until reduced by 1/4, about 15 minutes. (Use a cornstarch slurry to thicken to desired consistency if necessary.)
- Stir in the cilantro, 1 T. basil and scallion. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the sauce to a bowl to cool. (Yield should be about 4 c.)
- For each pizza, spread 2¼ oz. coconut-curry sauce on a naan. Layer 1 c. lamb/freekeh mixture atop the sauce. Sprinkle with paneer as desired. Bake at 350ºF until cheese is melted and all ingredients are brought to heat, 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish with basil.
Chef’s note: The curry sauce can be made ahead and stored in a glass jar under refrigeration for up to 3 days.