|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Greenwheat Freekeh™ Vegetarian Tacos
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 12 tacos
- 1¾ c. lightly salted water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 12 crispy taco shells
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, small dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 T. taco seasoning
- 1½ c. shredded lettuce or cabbage
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small pot, bring the water to a boil and add InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the taco shells on a sheet pan in a 325°F oven for 8 minutes or according to package directions
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the oil over medium and add the onion. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add the cooked Greenwheat Freekeh, garlic and taco seasoning. Cook for about 4 minutes while stirring. Reduce heat to a simmer and let rest.
- To assemble each taco, spoon 2 T. Greenwheat Freekeh into a taco shell. Top with shredded cabbage, sour cream and shredded cheese.