|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Gluten-Free Red Quinoa & Cauliflower Flatbread
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 c. water or vegetable stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Red Quinoa
- 11 c. cauliflower florets
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1½ t. kosher salt
- 1 t. freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot, bring the water or stock to a boil. Cook InHarvest Red Quinoa according to package directions.
- Drain the pot and lay the cooked quinoa out in a thin layer on a sheet pan to cool.
- Using a food processor, chop the cauliflower until it resembles rice. (Do not over-process.)
- Spread the cauliflower out evenly onto a parchment-lined half-sheet pan. (Use 2 pans if needed.)
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to release steam and encourage even browning. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix well the cooked quinoa and cauliflower, beaten egg, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 2 half-sheet pans lined with parchment. Into each, press the quinoa/cauliflower mixture in a ¼” layer. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Cut the flatbread in each pan into 8 evenly sized rectangles. Add desired toppings and serve hot or let flatbreads cool and reheat to order.
Per serving: 142 cal., 8 g pro., 14 g carb., 3 g fiber, 6 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 65 mg chol., 292 mg sod., 3 g sugar
Try these topping suggestions:
- Roasted asparagus, shaved Manchego, Serrano ham, sherry-vinaigrette drizzle. (Add 2 t. paprika to the quinoa/cauliflower mixture before baking.)
- Grilled vegetables of choice with a drizzle of herbed goat cheese and plain yogurt blended to a desired consistency. (Add 1 t. chopped rosemary to the quinoa/cauliflower mixture before baking.)
- Salad of arugula and sautéed mushrooms dressed with lemon vinaigrette, with shaved Pecorino. (Add 1½ t. ground toasted fennel seed to the quinoa/cauliflower mixture before baking.)
- Salsa verde, toasted pumpkin seeds, roasted squash and Cotija cheese. (Add 2 t. ground toasted cumin seed to the quinoa/cauliflower mixture before baking.)
- For a classic Caprese pizza, top with fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, basil leaves and olive oil.