|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Yield: 16 turnovers
- 8 oz. InHarvest Farro, dry
- 4 T. butter
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ c. sweet onions, small dice
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb. shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ c. Madeira wine
- 5 scallions, tops only, sliced
- 1 c. whole-milk ricotta
- ½ c. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- 4 puff-pastry sheets, 10” x 12”, cut into 4 squares
- Cook InHarvest Farro per package directions. Let cool.
- In a sauté pan, melt butter and add olive oil, garlic, onion and mushrooms.
- After 5 minutes add Madeira and let reduce. Simmer until all ingredients start to caramelize.
- Let mixture cool. Fold in scallion, ricotta, Parmesan and egg yolk.
- Once Farro is cooled, add it to the ricotta/Parmesan mixture.
- In the center of each puff-pastry square, add 2 T. mushroom mixture.
- Fold over each puff-pastry square to form triangles. Crimp edges with a fork.
- Coat each turnover with egg white.
- Bake at 350°F in a conventional oven for 15 to 20 minutes.