|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Yield: 2½ cups
- 2 c. water, lightly salted
- 8 oz. InHarvest Farro
- 3 Poblano chiles
- 2 Jalapeño chiles
- ¾ c. fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. white or red vinegar
- ½ c. water
- 1 lime
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- On stovetop, bring 2 c. lightly salted water to a boil and add InHarvest Farro. Simmer 30 minutes. (If liquid disappears, add a little more to keep Farro moist.) Drain and chill Farro on a sheet tray.
- Char chiles for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn once or twice to get an even cook.
- Remove chiles from grill and place into a zip-lock bag. Seal bag and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove chiles from bag. Seed and peel, then cool.
- In a food processor, purée charred chiles, cilantro, garlic and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add chilled Farro, vinegar and ½ c. water. Purée until fairly smooth. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add juice from lime and incorporate well. Chill until service. Serve with chips or raw vegetables.