|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Citrus Soy Chicken & Bulgur Wheat Shaker Salad - K-12 Foodservice
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 16 salads
Each salad provides 2 grain serving, 1 cup vegetable (1/4 cup red/orange, 1/4 cup legume, 1/2 cup dark green), 2 oz eq meat/alt*
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Bulgur Wheat
- ½ c. soy sauce, reduced sodium
- ¾ c. orange juice
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 1¾ c. canola oil
- ½ c. sesame oil
- 16 c. baby spinach
- 2 lbs. chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 4 c. carrot, shredded
- 4 c. edamame
- Cook InHarvest Bulgur Wheat according to package instructions (additionally, the bulgur may be cooked by soaking in boiling water, covered, for 30 minutes at a ratio of 2 lbs. bulgur to 2 qts. boiling water).
- Cool completely on a sheetpan.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, orange juice, lemon juice, canola oil and sesame oil.
- Fill 2 oz. dressing cups with ¼ c. dressing, whisking the dressing often to maintain the emulsion, and cover with a lid.
- Layer ingredients into 16 oz. cups as follows:
- 1 c. InHarvest Bulgur Wheat
- 1 c. spinach
- 2 oz. chicken (about ½ c., volume may vary depending on product used)
- ¼ c. carrots
- ¼ c. edamame
- Cover with a flat lid.
- Place filled dressing cup on top of salad cup.
- Place domed lid on top of salad cup and press to seal.
- To make the salad, remove lids from the cup. Pour contents of the dressing container into the cup. Replace domed lid only and shake until ingredients are mixed.
Per serving: 653 cal., 31 g pro., 57 g carb., 15 g fiber, 36 g fat, 4 g sat. fat, 52 g chol., 404 g sod.
Note: For each salad, you will need a 16-oz. clear cup with a flat, no-hole lid and a domed, no-hole lid and a 2 oz. portion cup with lid.