|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Chilled Avocado and Red Quinoa Soup
Cool off hot August nights with a season-perfect chilled soup bursting with clean, fresh flavors. Blend ripe avocados with chicken stock and lemon juice, add a bit of cream, and chill the soup. The cooked InHarvest Red Quinoa adds contrasting color and texture, while also adding hearty wholesomeness.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: About 20 1-cup servings
- 1 ¾ q. chicken or vegetable stock
- 8 avocados, peeled & pitted
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 5 c. cream
- 1 t. Tabasco
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 6 c. InHarvest Red Quinoa, cooked (about 1 lb. dry)
- Fresh chives for garnish
- Add 2/3 stock, avocados & lemon juice to food processor. Process until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour into large mixing bowl and stir in cream and remaining stock. Mix well and chill until ready for service.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste, and mix in InHarvest Red Quinoa before serving. Garnish with fresh chives.
Chef’s Suggestion: Try adding crabmeat for a twist.