|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Brussels Sprouts & Greenwheat Freekeh™ Hash
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 12 cups
- 2 c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 3 c. butternut squash, peeled, seeded, medium dice
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- 2 c. cleaned Brussels sprouts halves
- ½ lb. bacon, small dice
- 1 c. medium-dice Vidalia onion
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1 pt. cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 c. seeded medium-dice red bell pepper
- ¼ c. white Merlot
- 1 T. chiffonade of fresh sage
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Lay freekeh wheat out on a sheet pan. Chill immediately.
- In a large bowl, toss butternut squash with olive oil to coat. Season with salt. Lay squash out on a sheet tray in one layer and roast at 350°F until just fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts halves with olive oil to coast. Season with salt. Lay Brussels sprouts out on a sheet tray in one layer and roast at 350°F until just fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- While squash and Brussels sprouts are roasting, render the bacon in a large skillet or cast-iron pan until crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan; cook until translucent, about 4 minutes
- Add mushrooms; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add wine; let reduce for about 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, squash, Brussels sprouts and sage to the pan; combine all ingredients. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve each portion with a sunny-side-up egg.