|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Red Jasmine Rice & Coconut-Ginger Waffles with Adobo Chicken
Bring a little Thai Fusion into the mix with waffles made from whole-grain Red Jasmine Rice, coconut milk, and ginger, topped with simply-but-deeply flavored shredded chicken.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 12 servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Red Jasmine Rice
- 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2½ T. minced ginger
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1½ c. chicken stock
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced, divided
- 6 eggs
- 2½ c. milk
- 1 c. melted butter
- 2 T. vanilla extract
- 3 c. flour
- 2 T. baking powder
- 2 T. sugar
- 1½ c. white vinegar
- 1½ c. soy sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 lbs. chicken thighs, bone in
- ¾ c. toasted shredded coconut
- To make the waffle batter, rinse InHarvest Red Jasmine Rice thoroughly; drain.
- In a small pot, add olive oil. Sauté garlic and ginger for about 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the rice and chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mix well. Remove from heat and stir in half of the scallion. Cover and chill in the refrigerator or walk-in.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until thick. Whisk in the milk, butter and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar; mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the egg mixture; mix well.
- Stir in the chilled rice and refrigerate until service.
- To make the adobo chicken, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, pepper and bay leaves in a large pot; bring to a boil. Add the chicken thighs, skin side down. Return to a boil; reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken thighs over and remove and discard skins.
- Simmer the chicken and sauce for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is very tender and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot; continue to simmer the sauce. Debone the thighs as soon as possible, reserving the pulled meat.
- Once the sauce has reduced by half (yielding about 1½ c.), strain and hold for service.
- To make the waffles at service, pour ¾ cup waffle batter into a hot, 7-in. waffle iron. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Repeat to yield 12 waffles.
- Per order: Bring 2 oz. pulled chicken to heat and place in the center of a waffle. Drizzle 1 oz. adobo sauce over the chicken and waffle. Garnish with 1 T. toasted coconut and 1 T. sliced scallion.